Friday, August 26, 2011

La Primera Semana en Perú

Hola a todos!


Writing to say that I am alive, well, and enjoying life in Lima!  I have been in language school for the last week, and have pretty much been studying, speaking, and reading in spanish, as well as eating (la comida es super rica!), walking around, and trying to find my place within this city (for a person living in a city of 9 million it is not that easy).  I am living with a host family across the street from the school-Ryan lives 40 minutes away a pie (I think I got the good end of the stick!).  They have been wonderful and very hospitable.  I am also living with 4 other students/workers (3 from the U.S. and one from Japan), but there is no English to be spoken in the house!  Me, Laura, and Ryan (my other two community members) have been taking advantage of the past week by walking around the town and exploring new restaurants for lunch everyday.  Mañana we are planning on heading to central Lima to see the historical Lima.


I hope to write more in the next couple of days, but I just wanted to send out a quick note with a quick update of my life.  I hope that everyone is having a wonderful time, wherever you all are! You are all wonderful!


paz y amor.


~Michael

3 comments:

  1. Check out the Brazilian bar in Miraflores, the chifa restuarants in barrio Chino, and the boheimien district by the sea (Barranco) the anticuchos at La Pasado Mirador i think? It's right next to the bridge of sighs (local landmark)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear that you all are doing well! I'd love to see photos of Lima!!

    ReplyDelete